5.27.2014

Tokyo Disneyland // easter egg hunt


I know what you're thinking... wasn't Easter over a month ago? well, in the magical world of Tokyo Disneyland, Easter lasts from March until the end of June. there was an Easter-themed parade that ran through the park several times per day, and plenty of decorations and merchandise to match the theme.

throughout the park they also scattered small statues of various characters transformed into eggs. we quickly became obsessed with finding these adorable statues and snapping photos. if you read Japanese, you can purchase an official easter egg hunt game and win a special prize. but for us, we just had fun.


usually the characters can be found in the garden/landscaped areas near their themed rides, but there are a few we spotted hiding in odd locations. they have both standard and expert egg hunt courses, so you'll have to look both up and down and in the shrubbery to find them all.


I won't give away all the magic, but seriously. these things were too cute not to share. what's better than your favorite character made even more adorable by compressing it into an egg shape?

and now that you've had your dose of Disney, let me take a moment to introduce my featured sponsor this month...

Jess is the mother, expat, and traveler behind The Flyaway American. her adventures have taken her all over Europe and North America, and soon to Indonesia and India! she has also recently started a series on traveling in the Netherlands, full of information if you are planning a visit there. I love that she strays from just the typical attractions and visits unique and out-of-the-way places such as the Old Operating Theatre and London's most haunted house. read more about her travels below, then hop over to her blog and say hello!

Hey there! I'm Jess, a former Texan now living the expat life in a small town on the coast of England. I am married to a Dutch guy I met at college and we have a five year old daughter with a very British accent. My blog The Fly Away American chronicles my life living abroad and my travels around the world.

any travel plans or goals you have for this year? I just got back from a trip to the US and Canada and have been exploring more of England during my free time. I head to Italy, Indonesia, Canada and India later this year which I am incredibly excited about.

what is your favorite trip/vacation you've ever taken - where to and why? My favorite vacation was probably a trip shortly after I arrived in Europe a little more than five years ago. We stayed at Lake Lugano in Italy and I truly enjoyed eating and exploring and getting to know the country in a more relaxed non-touristy way. We also climbed a local mountain and I went paragliding over the waters below. Good memories.

two of your favorite blog posts: I went to Norway on a solo-trip last year and it was one of the most incredible countries I have ever visited. This is a post on taking the train from Oslo to Bergen, definitely one of my lifetime highlights. I also love this post that chronicles my arrival in England and growing to love my new home.

where would your dream trip take you? I have so many places I want to see but Tibet is definitely at the top of my list.

describe yourself in 3 words: Indecisive, Happy and Impulsive

read more about Jess on her blog: The Flyaway American

or follow along with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...